Eagle Chamber Classic Scholarship & Application
The Eagle Classic Scholarship is a directive of the Eagle Chamber of Commerce and will be highly coveted by graduating Eagle Students, due to its significant multi-year commitment. This scholarship will continue to be respected by Eagle donors due to its focus on and reward for its commitment to the Eagle Business Community.
The scholarship is awarded to a deserving student with a true desire to return to Eagle after higher education to apply life and educational lessons to the business community of Eagle. The impact will be felt not only by individual students, but by the individuals and businesses contributing financially to the future of the Scholarship.
The recipients are chosen by the Eagle Chamber Scholarship Subcommittee members:
Any current high school senior at Eagle High, Eagle Academy, Innovate Academy & Preparatory School or North Star Public Charter who is the son or daughter of a chamber members, employed by a member or a regular volunteer at Eagle Chamber events is eligible to apply.
The Eagle Scholarship is now open and taking applications until April 19, 2022.
The Eagle Scholarship is sponsored by the Eagle Chamber of Commerce and is a commitment to the Eagle Business Community by awarding two scholarships to local high school students or current college students under the age of 22 who will be attending an accredited 4 year university /college or a 2 year vocational program.
The scholarship awards are $1,000 per year for either a) Four (4) years for university/college or b) Two (2) years for a vocation program.
Additional conditions apply and will be provided to recipients at the time of their award.
To provide a deserving student with a true desire to return to Eagle after higher education to contribute to apply life and educational lessons to the business community of Eagle. The impact will be felt not only by individual students, but by the individuals and business contributing financially the future of the Scholarship.
Scholarship Process, Policies & Criteria
- The scholarship is available to students who attend Eagle High School, Eagle Academy, Idaho Fine Arts Academy or North Star Public Charter, and who are employed by Eagle Chamber members or who are an immediate relative of an Eagle Chamber member.
- The Eagle Chamber Selection Committee will review applications and conduct interviews.
- Applicants will apply directly to the Eagle Scholarship Committee through the Eagle Chamber of Commerce application process, which can be accessed at the following link: LINK
- Recipients will be informed directly from The Eagle Scholarship Committee and presented their award at their respective schools ceremonies.
- Student Selection Criteria
- The Eagle Scholarship considers students that show a pattern of high academic effort, extracurricular activity, community service, and a desire to return to Eagle Community in some capacity to contribute to the business community.
- Grade point average and courses taken will be considered, but a consideration will be given to those students that have shown a passion for a particular field or topic and dedicated considerable effort toward that passion. Team sports, clubs, and academic organizations will be considered, but non-scholastic achievements evidencing a commitment to excellence and service will also be considered.
- Most importantly, will be the student’s commitment to the Eagle community. Although there will be no post education requirement of such, a compelling argument must be given of how the student plans to take the education and skills earned and apply them towards a career or contribution to the Eagle Business Community. This a broad qualification but will be given strong emphasis in the selection process.
- For more information, please contact Jennifer Stutheit at 208-939-4222 or email email@example.com
- APPLICATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 19, 2022
- APPLICATION REVIEW & INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE THROUGH MAY 21, 2022.
This year’s recipients will be contacted by the Committee the week of May 23, 2022 and informed of the next steps to utilize the scholarship funds.